Allison Park Homes and Businesses: Your Garage Door Services Solution
Best Practices for Garage Door Spring Repair in Allison Park
Unanticipated events are a common part of being a homeowner, and they tend to arise at the most inopportune times. One such event is finding your car locked inside the garage, especially shortly after a garage door repair. That's when Aiden & Sons Garages takes action, abiding by the best practices in the industry to offer top-quality advice to homeowners each time we set foot in a garage. These practices contribute to long-term savings in both time and money, and customer satisfaction remains our primary focus.
Best Practice #1 - Replacing Dual Springs
The prevalent design for garage doors includes two springs that are installed concurrently. When one spring becomes inoperative, the other spring is likely nearing its expiration. To head off future issues, potential hazards, and garage door opener malfunctions, Aiden & Sons Garages customarily recommends substituting both springs. Just as you would replace both tires on your car after a blowout, it is crucial to upkeep valuable property like garage doors and vehicles by changing both garage door springs.
Best Practice #2 - Identifying Correct Springs
Garage doors are available in different weights and sizes, requiring the appropriate springs to ensure proper door balance. Installing the incorrect spring can harm your garage door system and force the opener to overwork. This may result in early opener failure and extra repair calls. DIY spring replacement can also pose risks for the same reason. This is why our Allison Park, PA technicians solely use the correct springs for the door's weight and perform a balance test to verify their work.
Best Practice #3 - Conducting a Safety Inspection
Aiden & Sons Garages carries out a courtesy safety inspection for every spring repair, confirming that all hardware and moving components on your door function as they should and meet safety requirements. It's possible that some worn mechanical parts on your door, installed at the same time as the springs, are now in an unsafe state. A non-functioning spring could be a sign of a more extensive issue with your door. That's why we believe in providing a free safety inspection and upholding a secure environment for our customers as a best practice.
Given our extensive selection of springs to suit the different types of garage doors, we recommend having a professionally trained technician take accurate measurements before offering an exact price quote. Contact Aiden & Sons Garages today to have an experienced technician provide you with an estimate for garage door spring repair!
Which Garage Door Opener is the Most Suitable for Your Lifestyle?
Belt Driven Openers
Considered the best type of opener in the industry, belt-driven openers are not only as reliable as chain drives, but they are also virtually silent. They run on a steel-reinforced belt and are slightly more expensive than chain and screw drive openers. For homeowners in Allison Park with garages attached to their homes or surrounded by bedrooms, a belt-driven opener ensures you won't be disturbed by garage door noise. Many customers who choose belt-driven openers are extremely satisfied and can't imagine going back to the noise of a chain opener.
Jackshaft openers are an excellent choice for those in Allison Park with high garage ceilings or for those who want to free up ceiling space. These openers are installed on the wall beside your garage door and attach to the torsion spring above it. Although they come with a slightly higher price tag than ceiling-mounted openers, they offer a distinctive and practical alternative.
Screw Driven Openers
Screw-operated openers employ a lifting mechanism that runs on a threaded steel rod, unlike chain or rubber belt openers. They are best suited for locations with consistent weather and temperature throughout the year. For residents of Allison Park with varying weather conditions, a screw-operated opener may not be the most suitable option. These openers are the slowest, noisiest, and least expensive of the three types. If you prefer a quieter, faster opener, a screw-operated opener may not be the right choice for you.
Chain Driven Openers
A common choice in Allison Park, chain-powered openers are dependable and use a metal chain to maneuver the garage door along its track. These openers are slightly less expensive than belt drives but are also noisy. This can be an issue if your garage is located below or adjacent to your home's primary living spaces. We typically do not recommend chain-powered openers due to the minor cost savings and the lack of a lifetime warranty provided by LiftMasterÂ® for belt drives.
The Top 10 Advantages of Working with Aiden & Sons Garages
- Proven Experience: With a successful history spanning many years and countless satisfied clients, our industry-leading experts ensure that your garage door needs are managed effectively and efficiently.
- Array of Products and Services: Aiden & Sons Garages supplies a diverse range of products and services that accommodate your specific demands. We can handle everything from tailor-made doors to repair and installation services, so regardless of the door or product you need, we have the appropriate solution.
- Competent and Accommodating Staff: Our personnel are well-versed and professional in their approach. They understand the crucial role of customer service and strive to make your experience with them enjoyable. From fielding your questions to sharing tips on door care, they're ready to support you.
- Unrivaled Materials: By using only the finest materials, we guarantee your garage door will be long-lasting and visually stunning. With our company in Allison Park, you can rest assured that you're investing in a high-quality and valuable product.
- Safety First: We prioritize the correct and safe installation of your doors and gates. This means that you can have peace of mind knowing that the installation and maintenance of your garage door adhere to the highest standards, fostering a secure environment for your loved ones.
- Cost Effective Solutions: Aiden & Sons Garages has a variety of competitive pricing approaches to address your garage door concerns. Seek a solution that works within your budget, covering installation, repairs, and custom design services.
- Quick Solutions: Time is vital when it comes to addressing the repair or installation of a garage door. A respected Allison Park service provider will ensure that your requirements are managed promptly and skillfully.
- Quality Guarantee: We stand behind our services and products with a quality guarantee, ensuring that any doors and gates repairs or installations are done to the highest standards. This ensures your investment's safety and offers you peace of mind.
- Warranty Coverage: We offer an additional layer of protection for your investment through warranty coverage. This coverage includes protection against malfunction or accidental damage to your door, helping to alleviate any stress or financial burden associated with a faulty door.
- Customer Satisfaction is Our Goal: At Aiden & Sons Garages, our goal is to ensure your complete satisfaction with our garage doors and other offerings. We provide cost-effective solutions tailored to your specific needs, ensuring that you receive the best possible value for your investment.
The Overhead Door Repair Problems We See Most Often
Broken Springs: Garage door springs can break easily due to the tension they're under. If your garage door isn't working correctly, check the condition of the springs.
Worn-out rollers: The rollers that help your garage door open and close can wear out over time, causing a noisy or stuck door. Inspect and replace the rollers as necessary.
Damaged Panels Inspection: Inspecting the panels on your garage door regularly can help identify any damage caused by weather, normal wear and tear, or impact from a vehicle or a heavy object.
Misaligned Tracks: If your garage door isn't functioning correctly, check the tracks for misalignment. Misaligned tracks can cause the door to get stuck or fall off the tracks.
Faulty Opener: If you suspect a problem with your garage door opener, it's best to seek professional assistance for troubleshooting and repair.
Safety Sensor: One of the most frequent problems that garage doors encounter is a misaligned safety sensor. This issue can occur when an object or a child accidentally hits the sensor, preventing the door from closing correctly. To prevent this problem, it's crucial to keep an eye on the sensor.
The Top Issues Requiring Door RepairHinges: Difficulty opening and closing your gate may be caused by misaligned or damaged hinges. The good news is that this issue can typically be easily resolved by a professional.
Rollers: When it comes to your overhead door, functional rollers are necessary for smooth operation. Worn-out or damaged rollers can make it challenging to open and close the door properly. Replacing them is typically a simple repair.
Installation: A poorly installed garage door can create numerous issues. It can be unsafe and unstable, requiring immediate repair.
Pests: Wooden doors are vulnerable to pests such as termites and carpenter bees, which is another potential issue to consider. Regular inspections are essential to detect any signs of infestation.
Frames: Garage door frame damage or bending can lead to instability in the entire structure, posing a significant safety hazard. It's essential to replace or repair any damaged frames as soon as possible.
Rusting: The frequent problem of rusting is caused by moisture or humidity exposure. Those residing in humid regions should be extra careful to look for any rust signs on their gate.
Fading: The color of your gate can fade over time due to weather conditions or prolonged exposure to the sun. Repainting it every few years can help your garage door look new.
Warping: Warping, often caused by extreme weather conditions, can result in a misshapen gate if it's exposed to hot or cold temperatures.
Sagging: Wooden doors are prone to sagging, mostly due to their weight. To prevent this, use more robust hardware and ensure the posts are securely fixed.
Rotting: Wooden gates can rot over time due to inadequate treatment or sealing, leading to their weakening and eventual collapse.
What You Need to Know About Replacing Your Allison Park Garage Door
It's a no-brainer to replace your garage doors from a strict sale / resale perspective, but what other reasons do Allison Park homeowners have for replacing their overhead doors? Here are a few examples:
Safety & Security First
Many home burglaries in Allison Park involve overhead doors. Do you have confidence in your garage door's ability to withstand attempted break-ins? If your door is old, it may not have advanced safety features like automatic reversal.
Reduce Home Energy Use
As the largest moving object connected to your house, your garage door can be the most energy-inefficient space because it opens and closes daily. Although many Allison Park, PA homeowners replace windows and front entry doors with energy-efficient options, they often overlook the impact of their garage door on energy costs. By installing insulated garage doors, you can decrease the transfer of hot and cold air, which will lead to substantial energy savings.
Lower Garage Door Noise
For those sleeping in rooms near or above the garage, the noise generated by overhead doors opening and closing can be quite distracting. To reduce door noise and create a seamless opening and closing process, consider Aiden & Sons Garages's ultra-quiet hinges.
Raise Your Home's Attractiveness
Observe how much space your garage doors occupy on your home's facade. Upgrading them in Allison Park can have a significant impact on your home's curb appeal at a budget-friendly price.
Allison Park, PA Customers' Frequently Asked Questions
Do I need a professional to install my new garage door?
At Aiden & Sons Garages, we advocate for professional installation of garage doors, as it is not a suitable DIY task. A garage door is the biggest moving component in your home, and its installation requires technical expertise due to the numerous small parts involved. Attaching the springs is particularly perilous, and a properly installed door is crucial for optimal performance. Professional garage door dealer/installers can typically finish an installation within a few hours, while ensuring that safety protocols are followed. In contrast, most homeowners require several days for installation and often experience frustration. Additionally, improper installation might nullify certain warranties, so we suggest hiring a professional. They can also take care of disposing of your old door when replacing it.
Is it worth choosing an insulated door for an un-insulated garage?
The transfer of heat or cold air through the large garage door opening can be minimized by installing insulated doors. This is essential if your garage is attached to your home, used as a workshop, or located below another room in your house. Additionally, insulated doors are quieter and more visually appealing.
- Insulated doors outperform non-insulated doors in both interior appearance and noise reduction.
- Insulated doors reduce air movement between your garage and living space.
- Using insulated doors can ensure a stable temperature in the room above when the garage is situated below another room.
- For a garage-turned-workshop, keeping comfort in mind is vital.
What are the differences between steel and wood garage doors?
Opting for a steel door can reduce the amount of maintenance required in comparison to a wooden door. Aiden & Sons Garages's steel doors feature a pre-painted, baked-on coating. Cleaning the exterior once a year with warm water and household detergent is recommended. Our wood doors come unfinished and require priming and painting or staining on all six sides upon delivery. We recommend visually inspecting the finish once a year to determine if another application is necessary.
Is it possible to swap out my one-piece garage door for a sectional garage door?
Your professional garage door dealer/installer can set up a sectional door for you by installing the appropriate track and springs. Additional modifications may be required depending on your garage's configuration. It is recommended that you have your Allison Park, PA dealer evaluate the job before installation to make any necessary modifications.
Is it safe to paint a newly installed garage door?
Aiden & Sons Garages's steel doors have a baked-on coating that can be repainted with many types of commercially available exterior latex paints. Follow the manufacturer's recommendations and avoid using oil-based paints.